Have you heard of the latest Google glass? If not, it’s the coolest and a must have gadget for 2013. Google glass which is wearable contains a head mounted display and is controlled by a microcomputer. The Google glass is lighter than ordinary pair of glasses and is equipped with a camera, a button for photo-taking, a touch pad, a compass, a micro USB charger, a bone conducing speaker, gyroscope and accelerometers.
Here are some of the key facts about Google glass:
1. Slick Interface
· Google glass has incorporated a simple & easy to use interface. This simple interface includes basic graphics and simple texts which are displayed at the corner of the glass.
· The interface does not cover the whole eye.
2. Google glass is an extension of the Smartphone
· Google glass has Wi-Fi & GPS applications that interact with the Smartphone.
· Google glass can transfer photos and videos to the phone.
3. Google glass run Androids
· There was a speculation that Google glass was going to use a new OS or a variation of the Android OS.
· Google confirmed that it would embrace Android OS hence stopping the speculation.
4. Google can listen to you
· It is largely voice controlled.
· To activate it, lift your head or tap the side of the glass frame.
· Say, “OK Glass” then followed by a voice command like, “Take Picture” or “Get Direction.”
5. Camera can record what you see
· The Glass camera has been designed to record what you see either by taking photos or video.
· The videos and photos taken can either be stored locally or broadcasted via hangout.
6. Google glass can speak multiple languages
· Google glass has an inbuilt language translator.
· The translator technology is very powerful and detailed since it has been used in web browsers and phones for several years.
7. Google glass looks cool
· Google glass has tinted lens attachment which turns glass into Oakley-esque frameless shades from Sci-Fi prop.
· The device will in future be compatible with 3rd party frames like Warby Parker and Nouveau Vintage Brand.
· The glass comes in different colors from white, black, grey, orange and blue.
8. Able to run 3rd party Apps
· The glass has the ability to read emails and maps.
· The glass can display headlines of applications into your eye line.
· The glass can read a story displayed on the lens after tapping the frame.
9. Product still not the final product
· The glass is still on its development stages.
· The glass that is in the market is the Explorer Edition’ designed for developers and early adopters.
· You have to pre-order the glass for it to be made for you.
· Final product is to be released before 2013 ends.
· Google glass is costing $1500 current price.
10. The final product might be cheaper
· The final product is hoped to be cheaper than the explore edition that’s costing $1500.
· The cheap price will be attributed by large volumes and large sales.
· Photos and videos from the glass are not shared publicly to the web but through a private Auto-Backup. Then from here it can be shared publicly.
· The glass quickly goes into stand still mode.
· The camera is not very powerful and does not have a zoom.
Contact sky number for latest developments.